DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
The Warehouse Associate I is an entry-level position primarily responsible for maintaining set productivity standards and throughput. The position supports the flow of product throughout the warehouse space through explicit direction and is responsible for ensuring that departmental production and quality standards are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work as part of a production/packaging team in a warehouse environment.
• Adhere to established safety, quality, and performance standards.
• Demonstrate the ability to meet acceptable performance levels at all positions.
• Capable of following verbal and written directions in all assignments.
• Prepare all material required for daily operation.
• Handle and place required items in various packaging configurations as directed.
• Palletize material and prepare for transfer/shipping.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• One year previous experience using a computer.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Must have strong written, verbal and typing skills.
• Sufficient visual acuity to detect abnormalities in product.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not a comprehensive list of all duties that may be assigned to this position.